On September 17, Israelis are heading to the polls to vote for the members of the 22nd Knesset, the Israeli parliament. If it seems like this only just happened, you’re not wrong. It’s been less than half a year since the last Israel election, which pitted Benny Gantz against current prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
This unprecedented situation of two elections in one year has many people asking who is responsible.
And, it probably won’t surprise you that everyone is blaming everyone else for Israeli Elections 2019, the Sequel.
The left blame the right, who blame them right back.
Some see it as a desperate bid by Netanyahu to avoid having to face his legal troubles while others put it down to Israel’s very system of government, which puts coalition building front and center.
As for the Israeli people? They just want the government to start governing.
- Israeli defence chief Avigdor Lieberman quits over Gaza truce – November 14, 2018
- Yisrael Beytenu party quits coalition, leaving it with razor-thin Knesset majority – November 14, 2018
- 20th Knesset officially dissolves, sets elections for April 9, 2019 – December 26, 2018
- Israeli election: Netanyahu appears on track for victory despite tied result – April 10, 2019
- Israel election results: Exit polls show Netanyahu and Gantz TIED, Bibi likely PM – April 9, 2019
- Netanyahu and Liberman meet for coalition talks as deadline looms – May 22, 2019
- Amid coalition row, Lieberman warns Israel could be ‘on its way to elections’ – May 23, 2019
- Lapid reiterates Blue and White won’t sit with Netanyahu in gov’t, even before hearing – February 28, 2019
- Gantz says won’t join Israeli gov’t with Netanyahu – March 19, 2019
- Rivlin Gives Netanyahu Two-week Extension To Form Government – May 13, 2019
- Lieberman Blasts Netanyahu, Says He Won’t Join His ‘Jewish Law’ Government – May 27, 2019
- Knesset votes for new elections on September 17 after PM fails to form coalition – May 30, 2019
- Is this the end of the Netanyahu era? – May 30, 2019
- Dissolving Knesset, Netanyahu blames Liberman for ‘unnecessary and wasteful’ elections – May 30, 2019
- Netanyahu, Liberman rift deepens as Israel heads for new elections – May 30, 2919
- Israelis will head to the polls for the second time in 2019 after parliament dissolves – May 30, 2019
- Netanyahu: Liberman is part of the leftist bloc – May 30, 2019
- Israeli parliament votes to dissolve, calling second election this year – May 29, 2019
- Liberman: Israel going to polls because Netanyahu surrendered to ultra-Orthodox – May 30, 2019
- Israel’s Unprecedented Political Crisis – May 31, 2019
- Israel’s New Elections Are the Latest Symptom of an Assault on Its Institutions – May 31, 2019
- More Israeli Elections: What Happens Now? – May 30, 2019
- Israel’s election sequel has a new plot but it might have the same ending – June 5, 2019
- No Budget to Cover the Cost of a New Election, Israel Finance Ministry Says – May 29, 2019
- Holding New Elections Would Cost Taxpayers Nis 475 Million – May 29, 2019
- Fresh elections will cost Israeli society dearly – May 29, 2019
- New poll: More voters want a unity government without Liberman than one with him – August 3, 2019