The great thing about fresh asparagus is it doesn’t require a lot of time or effort to really appreciate it and bring out its great flavor. Blanche it and add a little butter and lemon, and you are good. This recipe was created for simplicity too. I know you will enjoy it.
Spicy garlic asparagusPrint
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Warm the butter in a large saute pan over a medium low heat.
- Once the better has fully melted, add in the salt and the garlic. Cook over the low heat for about 1 minute, until it becomes aromatic. Don't let the garlic brown, so reduce heat if need be.
- Add in the pepper flakes. Saute for 1 minute.
- Trim off the asparagus ends, rinse and add the asparagus to the pan. Turn the heat up to medium.
- Mix all of the asparagus, so it is fully coated by the butter. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the asparagus becomes bright green and just tender.
- Plate with all of the extra butter, garlic and pepper flakes.